sloWNet is a lexical database of Slovene in which nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are grouped into sets of synonyms (synsets), each expressing a distinct concept. Synsets are interlinked by semantic and lexical relations, such has HYPONYMY and ANTONYMY. sloWNet is based on Princeton WordNet and has been created automatically from different types of existing resources, such as bilingual dictionaries, parallel corpora and Wikipedia.
The current version of sloWNet is 3.1 (last change May 7, 2015), which contains 43,460 synsets and 71,803 literals, 33,546 of which have been manually validated.
- Fišer, D. & Sagot, B. (2015): Constructing a poor man’s wordnet in a resource-rich world. Language Resources & Evaluation. 49: 601. doi:10.1007/s10579-015-9295-6 [BibTeX]
- viewing & editing in sloWTool
- validating with crowdsourcing in sloWCrowd
- download under the Creative Commons, By-SA Licence 4.0
- the latest version of sloWNet is available here
- the dtd for sloWNet is available slownet.dtd
- aligned to PWN 3.0
- mapped to WordNet Domains
- mapped to Navigli’s Sense Clusters
- added to Open Multilingual Wordnet
- used for semantic annotation of the jos100k corpus